1. Frequency: Limit the number of times a day your child eats sugary treats or snacks between meals.
2. Timings: It is best to eat sugary treats at the end of the meal while there is still plenty of saliva in the mouth. Saliva helps to wash away the sugars and acids.
3. Power of Water: Drinking a glass of water after eating a sugary treat will also help wash away some of the sugars and acids.
4. Type of Snack: Avoid soft, sticky treats that get stuck between teeth.
5. Healthy Hygiene Habits: Always have your child brush and floss before going to bed.